Pangra Fry | Nepali | Pangra Chili


For a long time, I thought pangra was bones found on the neck. However, Pangra or gizzard is a tough muscles found in the digestive tract of a chicken to grind up the foods that the bird eats. Thus, chicken gizzards are good source of protein. 83% of the calories from each serving contains protein. However, the remaining 17% is fat thus, they are also high in cholesterol. Thus, they should be only cooked occasionally.

Pangra or gizzard is a delicancy in many countries, including Nepal. In Africa, pangra is only reserved for the head of the house. In terms of texture, pangra is very crunchy and, thus, is a treat for your senses.

Here is simple recipe for preparing pangra with a Nepali twist.

  • Details

    • Recipe type:
    • Cuisine:
    • Serves:
    • Prep time:
    • Cook time:
    • Total time:
  • Ingredients

    • ½ kg pangra
    • 50gm of chopped onions
    • 50 gm of chopped tomatoes
    • 2-3 green chillies
    • 2 tbsp of green coriander
    • 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
    • Green cillies as required
    • Salt as taste
    • ½ tbsp of cumin powder
    • 30 ml of mustard oil
    • ½ turmeric powder or as per required
    • Red chilli powder as required

Instructions

  1. Clean and boil the pangra
  2. Allow it to cool and cut it into small pieces
  3. Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry chopped onion until the onions turn brown
  4. Add green chilies pangra, turmeric powder, red chilli kpowder and ginger garlic paste in the pan
  5. Stir well by adding salt, chopped green coriander tomato cook it about 5 more minutes or until the pangras are cooked.

Related Recipes: