Thai Fish Sauce known as Nam Pla is a indispensable ingredient for Thai cooking. It’s spicy and tangy flavors have earned this sauce it’s spot in our cabinet. However, use of fish sauce is not a new in cooking. Use of fermented fish dates back to ancient Rome. Today, there are many variations of fish oil found all over Asia.
Additionally, this fish sauce can be stored up to a year which makes the sauce very convenient as well.
- Recipe type:
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serves: 3-4 serves
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- 8 teaspoons finely minced garlic (about 8 medium cloves)
- 4 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh juice from about 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and fine stems
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
Take a clean bowl.
Pour all the ingredients and stir till the sugar is dissolved.